To renew an expired passport, please prepare the following documents for submission to the Embassy:
- A covering letter requesting a ID renewal, including details of all enclosed documents
- A fully completed ID application form (please remember to include a current contact number and signatures in the relevant boxes). The ID application form can be downloaded here
- Two passport-sized photographs on a white background. Details of these requirements can be found at the bottom of the application form
- The applicant's current ID card
- Passport fees (see below)
Please ensure that all necessary documents are submitted when making your application
Following receipt of application, ID card renewal will take approximately 12 working days.
Renewal will take longer if the necessary documents are missing, incomplete or not in accordance with requirements, and/or payment is incorrect.
The following fees apply to all applications for ID card replacement/renewal/issuance:
|ID Renewal Fee||£6.05|
|Express Postage (UK to Maldives)||£32.28|
|Royal Mail Special Delivery (next day by 1pm)||£6.40|
Form of Payment: The Embassy accepts bank transfers to the Embassy Account and cash.