Menu For Students Frequent Errors made by Applicants
Visa application has been known to be rejected due to the following common errors.
1. CAS number not being written into the appropriate space on your application form.
2. Absence of the financial institution's name and logo on each page of the bank statement as proof of funds.
3. Proof of funds not being held in the bank account for the required duration of 28 days. It is essential that the funds be held in the account for 28 days, and not anything less than that.
4. Personal bank or building society statements not being valid for up to a maximum of one month after the date of the closing balance.
5. Bank letters not including any of the following: bank logo and name on each page, your name, the account number, date of the letter, and money in the account.
6. If the offer was conditional on certain grades, not taking your original grade documents to the visa assessment centre. Do not take photocopies.
It is highly advised that each applicant take time to properly read through the visa application procedure before lodging the application.
You can view video discussion of frequently made errors when applying for student visa here:
26 October, 2013
Government's Press Statement on Two Members' Disqualification from Parliament
The government accepts the disqualification of two members of the Parliament, as per the Supreme Court's ruling on 24th October.
24 October, 2013
President Waheed attends President’s Cup 2013 final match
President Dr Mohamed Waheed has attended the final match of the President’s Cup 2013. The match was held last evening at the Galolhu Stadium.
21 October, 2013
Sacrifices of national heroes must be held close to our hearts – says President
Commander in Chief, President Dr Mohamed Waheed has said that as a country, and as a national defense force, it was important to hold the sacrifices of our national heroes close to our hearts, and follow their example.